2nd NMG SMEs Conference & Expo 2021 - SMEs Sustainability and Recovery
Small and medium-sized enterprises are at the heart of the Kenyan economy. They represent about 98% of all businesses, and more than 80% of Kenya´s working population rely on them for income. According to the Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI), Small and Medium–sized Enterprises (SMEs) are important actors in the transition as they play a role in fostering income equality and ensuring that the benefits from technological change and globalization are more broadly shared SMEs contributed an estimated 34% of the country´s gross domestic product (GDP) in 2016. Though mostly informal, SMEs are engines of employment creation, generating 80% of new jobs annually. The Government´s Third Medium-Term Plan 2018–2022 towards achieving Kenya Vision 2030 recognizes the SME sector as a priority area for development. They are the base from which many successful brands have emerged. Many of the successful companies we see today started as SMEs before they became large, multinational companies.
The 2nd NMG SMEs Conference & Expo 2021 - SMEs Sustainability and Recovery forum will highlight a blueprint for Kenya's economic recovery; how the Covid-19 recovery has stemmed from digital business; the dramatic changes in key industries and workplaces; the future growth trajectories; how spending will look like after the pandemic; the bold steps that companies took to thrive in a crisis; how the goods sector is driving economic growth; what would help SMEs climb out of the Covid-19 hole, among others.
The areas of interest for the 2nd NMG SMEs Conference & Expo 2021 - SMEs Sustainability and Recovery are as follows:
• SMEs start up dialogue
• The new normal survival mechanisms
• Emerging trends – Technology and Innovation
• Market creation and partnership opportunities for SMEs
• Supporting women in business
• Government commitment to SMEs growth – Regulatory and policy framework and Covid incentives.
• Enablers to SMEs growth – Infrastructure, Rural Electrification, Training, etc
• Solution centres and hubs to support business incubation
• Digital disruption
• Fintech solutions
The objectives and target audience of the 2nd NMG SMEs Conference & Expo 2021 - SMEs Sustainability and Recovery are:
• To bring together decision makers and thought leaders from diverse backgrounds in industry, government, fund managers, banks, insurance, investors, venture capitalists, incubators, IT experts, Universities, etc
• To showcase the various products and services offered by SMEs and thus promote entrepreneurship, innovation and digital economy
• To appreciate the role and contributions of different SMEs towards the nation and the economy
• To motivate, nurture and inspire new home-grown businesses to aim for excellence in their products and services
• To celebrate and highlight the achievements of local enterprises that have contributed to the business growth of the community
To exhibit during the 2nd NMG SMEs Conference & Expo 2021 - SMEs Sustainability and Recovery, please call +254-707-871918 or +254-724-596333 or email SMESexpo@ke.nationmedia.com
2nd NMG SMEs Conference & Expo 2021 - SMEs Sustainability and Recovery, organized by Nation Media Group (NMG).